Jump Start Changelog
1.2.12 - 04/18/2017
- Updated to FontAwesome 4.7.0.
1.2.11 - 01/18/2017
- Fixed: Duplicate titles on archives, when set to show, in WordPress 4.7.
- Fixed: Occasional display issues on archives and search results, due to
is_page_template() bug in WordPress 4.7.
1.2.10 - 06/21/2016
- Fixed: Minor WPML PHP warnings.
1.2.9 - 12/11/2015
- Fixed: Site Identity section in customizer not showing.
- Fixed: Minor admin styling issues with WordPress 4.3.
- Fixed: Display issues with new post embedding, introduced in WordPress 4.4.
- Removed: Non-working Tabs element selections for placing navigation.
22.214.171.124 - 08/07/2015
- Fixed: Some of the new FontAwesome files were dropped from the last update.
1.2.8 - 08/06/2015
- Updated to FontAwesome 4.4.0.
- Fixed: Minor PHP warnings around retrieving posts by category from shortcodes.
- Fixed: Minor admin compatibility issue with WPML 3.2 update.
1.2.7 - 04/21/2015
- Updated to Bootstrap 3.3.4.
- Updated to FontAwesome 4.3.0.
- Fixed: Security vulnerabilities from
add_query_arg() (see here)
1.2.6 - 01/25/2015
- Fixed: Duplicate closing
</a> bug with dropdowns menus of main navigation.
- Fixed: Minor security issues.
1.2.5 - 01/09/2015
- Important security fix.
- Updated user documentation included in theme package, including new videos for Layout Builder plugin v2 update.
1.2.4 - 05/02/2014
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.4
- Added deep linking in Tabs element by filtering
themeblvd_tabs_deep_linking to true.
- Fixed: Gallery Slider only allowing five images.
- Fixed: Gallery Slider only allowing one instance on a page.
1.2.3 - 04/06/2014
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.3
- Minor styling fixes for upcoming WP 3.9.
- Minor improvements to Mini Post Grids.
- Improved how menu item icons are handled on frontend.
- Fixed: Some non working options with recently added
- Fixed: Error when installing theme recommended plugins in bulk under Appearance > Theme Plugins.
1.2.2 - 03/23/2014
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.2
- Added additional HTML5 inputs to general form styling.
- Improved sidebar layouts in IE8.
- Added support for thumbnail navigation with Boostrap Carousel slider (requires Theme Blvd Sliders v1.2.1+).
- Added support for Jumbotron, can be used with Theme Blvd Shortcodes 1.3+, Theme Blvd Layout Builder 1.2.3+.
- Added support for Gallery slider, can be used with Theme Blvd Shortcodes 1.3+.
- Updated TGM Plugin Activation to 2.4.0.
- Fixed: Inconsistencies with internal grid system.
- Fixed: Some recent, compatibility issues with WPML.
1.2.1 - 03/16/2014
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.1
- Improved default styling for forms from third-party plugins.
- Fixed: Minor issues with themeblvd-dark.css.
- Fixed: Minor issues with admin option styles.
1.2.0 - 02/13/2014
Warning: Make sure to read this article before updating: Updating to Jump Start 1.2
- Updated Theme Blvd framework to 2.4.0
- Updated to Bootstrap 3.
- Updated to FontAwesome 4.
- Admin styling adjustments for WordPress 3.8.
- Minor improvements to Jump Start update handling.
- Fixed: Bug with "order" custom field not working for Post List/Grid page templates.
1.1.3 - 10/17/2013
- Added filter to
- Added filter
themeblvd_get_option for every time an option is pulled.
- Admin jQuery improvements for 1.9 - Converted all
- Fixed: Image logo display in IE when no image width is set.
- Fixed: Gallery Override feature of mini post grid being limited to 5 images.
ThemeBlvd_Select_Menu_Walker::start_el() PHP 5.4 strict error.
- Fixed: CSS overflow quirk with Nivo slider type.
- Fixed: IE8 Carrousel slider display bug.
- Fixed: Double website title bug in Feeds.
1.1.2 - 08/16/2013
- Updated breadcrumbs HTML markup to match Twitter Bootstrap 2.3 changes.
- Fixed: Bug with saving "Custom Text" logo option.
- Fixed: Issues with main menu dropdowns not displaying over some items.
- Fixed: Handling of private and password-protected pages with custom layouts.
- Fixed: Compatibility with Theme Blvd Layouts to Posts plugin.
1.1.1 - 08/08/2013
- Adjusted for
themeblvd_get_option_name() to be available earlier, like prior to framework v2.3.
- Applied proper clearfix to
- Fixed: Admin bugs in Firefox and IE, media uploader, radio buttons, and color pickers.
- Fixed: Bug with archive content/excerpt option not being respected on search results.
- Fixed: Bug with
themeblvd_edit_option() in Options API.
- Fixed: Magnific popup localization with Next/Previous buttons.
- Fixed: Line-height CSS issues with slider headlines.
1.1.0 - 08/01/2013
Warning: Make sure to checkout this article before updating: Updating to Jump Start 1.1
If you're using the Layout Builder plugin, you must update it to v1.2+
If you're using the Sliders plugin, you must update it to v1.1+
- Updated Theme Blvd Framework to v2.3.
- Updated FontAwesome to v3.2.
- Updated Twitter Bootstrap to v2.3.
- Updated Superfish to v1.7.4.
- Updated Roundabout script to v2.4.2.
- Made Google+ icons standards-compliant.
themeblvd_content_bottom action hook directly opposite of
- Added ability to hide Theme License admin page via
- Added filterable
edit_theme_options capability to License admin page.
- Added default styling for captions of a
- Added support for some new features of Sliders plugin v1.1+.
- Added support for WP 3.5+ media uploader.
- Added support for Nivo Slider.
themeblvd_default_sidebar_args filter for arguments when registering default sidebar locations.
- Mini post grid now accepts
[gallery] shortcode for the gallery override feature.
- On mobile, main content area now always displays above sidebars for all sidebar layouts.
- On mobile, slogan element of Layout Builder displays button after slogan text.
- Removed post meta from displaying with pages in search results.
- Removed "Configuration" tab from default framework Theme Options.
- Removed analytics option from Theme Options.
- Reconstruction of how pagination works to be more extendable. See new function
themeblvd_get_pagination in /framework/includes/parts.php, and new functions
themeblvd_get_pagination_parts in /framework/includes/helpers.php.
- Slight UI improvements to Logo option in default Theme Options panel.
- Majorly reduced framework's footprint on
$GLOBAL namespace with re-structuring.
- API functionality for Widget Areas, Theme Options, and Stylesheets completely re-structured.
- API functionality for Layout Builder and Sliders moved to their respective plugins.
- Theme settings when loading site now available immediately following
after_setup_theme hook in the loading process for using
- Improved overall query performance throughout theme; this results in huge improvements when using theme as traditional blog.
- Post List template pages, Post Grid page template pages, and static pages with custom layouts, can now all be set as a static frontpage and maintain pagination.
themeblvd_was() function to check conditionals for a current page while in a secondary loop of posts. -- i.e.
if( themeblvd_was('page', 'example-page') )
- Added PHP Class you can use to create meta boxes objects utilizing internal options framework. --
- Template parts are now setup and filtered before any secondary loops. -- Allows you to avoid weird quirks like this.
- Some re-organizing of files in framework folder.
- Improved default
- In default
content-archive.php, now using new
themeblvd_the_title() to determine of title should be wrapped in a link.
- In default
content-page.php, moved clearfix to directly below
- New internal functions for working with post formats. -- See /framework/includes/post-formats.php and /framework/includes/media.php
- Fixed: CSS bug with video icon not showing on featured images linking to videos.
- Fixed: Bug with "Category" source selection for Post Slider not working correctly.
- Fixed: Issues with
FORCE_SSL_ADMIN set to true on admin modules.
- WP 3.6: Filtered
wp_link_pages() to match
- WP 3.6: Added responsive support for self-hosted videos.
- WP 3.6: Added responsive support for self-hosted audio files.
1.0.2 - 03/26/2013
- Fixed: Errors with how featured images display responsively as result of v1.0.1 update.
- Fixed: A couple styling quirks on default skin's main menu.
- Fixed: jQuery issues in selecting pages with slugs containing non-English characters in option interface. -- This was a result from the new "fancy" select menu addition from the last update.
- Re-generated jumpstart.po for localization.
1.0.1 - 03/22/2013
- Updated framework version to 2.2.1.
- Adjusted default Jump Start's responsive structure to use the "snap effect."
- Optimized database queries on frontend.
- Added left/right
$position variable to
- Added official Dark CSS file that can be included -- /framework/assets/css/themeblvd-dark.min.css
- Added rtl.css for framework that gets imported into theme's main rtl.css.
- Added more variables available with
- Added new filters on calls to
- Added support for "cat" custom field to post list/grid page templates to match logic of
- Added filters for query string on post list/grid page templates. --
- Added support for password-protected pages throughout all framework page templates.
- Added "updated" class for Google structural data in default blog post meta.
themeblvd_frontend_options filter -- Can alter options after they've been retrieved from database on frontend of website.
- Added support for custom query in post grid/list sliders.
- Added check for duplicate google fonts getting passed into
- Added filters for thumb sizes used for mini post list/grids --
- Now allowing filters on featured images in mini post list/grids.
themeblvd_nav_menu_select to visually accomodate nav menu tree structure.
- Minor adjustments to framework's default search widget.
- Reconstruction of how breadcrumbs work to be more extendable. See
themeblvd_breadcrumbs_default function in /framework/functions/display.php, new function
themeblvd_get_breadcrumbs_trail in /framework/frontend/functions/parts.php, and new functions
themeblvd_show_breadcrumbs in /framework/frontend/functions/helpers.php.
- Slight modifications to Post Options meta box to hopefully be easier to understand.
- Bootstrap: Removed hover on class "pretty" for non-anchors for better continuity with Bootstrap's "thumbnail" class.
- Bootstrap: Added missing Bootstrap "pagination" class to pagination function output.
- Bootstrap: Added :active for all button colors to accomodate Bootstrap.
- Bootstrap: Added filters on Bootstrap classes used in
themeblvd_button function. --
- Bootstrap: Added Bootstrap colors to
- Bootstrap: Changed default readmore buttons with
themeblvd_blog_content_default to be more consistant with Bootstrap styling.
- Theme Options API: Added "fancy" select menus for options framework along with some other minor styling improvements.
- Theme Options API: Fixed admin styling quirks with WP 3.5.
- Theme Options API: Added "pholder" parameter you can now use with text and textarea type options.
- Theme Options API: Fixed bug with empty description showing when adding a section to options page.
- Theme Options API: Fixed default "refresh" transport type for customizer options.
- Theme Options API: Fixed bugs with using "upload" option type in builder elements.
- Theme Options API: Fixed non-working "background" option type.
- Plugin Compatibility: Added compatibility for updates to Sliders, Layout Builder, and Widget Area plugins.
- Plugin Compatibility: Added "post slider" element that works when Sliders plugin is active. Layout Builder now has "Post Slider" element and Shortcodes plugin now has
- Plugin Compatibility: Localized Layout Builder element titles.
- Plugin Compatibility:
themeblvd_posts function now supports
category_name to match logic of
- Plugin Compatibility: Homepage custom layout won't get applied to "posts page" in user-error of setting up options.
- jQuery Plugins: Updated FlexSlider to v2.1.
- jQuery Plugins: Incorporated images for Flexslider arrows instead of Fontawesome icons.
- jQuery Plugins: Removed
smoothHeight: true on default Flexslider call.
- jQuery Plugins: New action
- jQuery Plugins: Updated prettyPhoto to v3.1.5.
- jQuery Plugins: Fixed responsive mods with prettyPhoto to work with iPhone 5 landscape.
- jQuery Plugins: Modified Superfish to work with jQuery 1.9.
- Fixed: Pagination bug with post list/grid page templates.
- Fixed: Bug with showing/hiding meta data on single blog posts.
- Fixed: Slider image links in IE.
- Fixed: Any PHP notices from 404 pages where
$post is not an object.
- Fixed: Sidebar layout to find default when none exists.
- Fixed: Issues with Plugin Installer on WP Multisite.
- Fixed: WP's built-in Twitter embed to work with responsive design.
- Fixed: Bug with manual offset on post grids.
- Fixed: Issue with mailto and link target in
- Fixed: HTML entity bug with Twitter RSS feed that was a result of WP 3.5's updated version of SimplePie.
- Moved Jump Start update classes to framework directory.
- Added Envato update classes (not used in Jump Start).
1.0.0 - 11/14/2012
- This is the first release constructed from Theme Blvd Framework version 2.2.0.